Yesterday evening, golf ball sized hail surprised residents in southeast Castle Rock resulting in hail damage to cars, and roofs.
With hail of this magnitude hits, you’re likely going to be visited by out-of-town roofers, many of which are unethical. Here are a few tips to avoid roofing scams.
- Find a pre-screened roofing contractor at castlerockroofers.com.
- Never allow an uninvited contractor to inspect your roof or to contact your insurance company directly;
- Say NO to contractors using high pressure sales tactics or requesting that you make an immediate decision;
- Before you spend any significant amount of money on a new roof, contact your insurance company yourself and arrange to have an authorized adjuster come to your home; and
- Obtain bids from at least three different contractors and check each one with organizations like your local Better Business Bureau.