The Avocado tree is native to Mexico but has quickly become a staple in US households that are trying to stick to a healthier diet. Because the delicious green berry (yes, its a berry!) can be eaten in a variety of different ways, many health food enthusiasts swear by them. Here is a list of the top 5 reasons, you should eat more avocados:
- Avocado Contains Fats, But The Good Kind Of Fats According to the American Heart Association, the avocado is not only good for maintaining cell health but also may reduce heart disease and lower cholesterol. The berry also contains essential vitamins like Vitamin E.
- Save Money By Using an Avocado Face MaskWho would’ve thought that mashing up avocado and putting it on your face would beneficial? Surprisingly many people use this wonder berry as a face mask. Using it as a face mask has been said to decrease wrinkle and hydrate the face. So mix up your avocado, honey, and yogurt and rub it all over your face. You may look funny, but it’ll be worth it.
- Who Needs Butter? Avocados are a great substitute when it comes to the healthier version of butter. Whether its in brownies or cookies, you will be surprised at how at how well it tastes. Say goodbye to unhealthy butter, and use avocado instead!
- Put Away Your Fiber Supplement & Eat AvocadosAvocados are a great source of fiber. A single avocado averages around 10 grams of fiber, which is about 10%-20% percent of the recommended daily amount depending on if you’re a male or female.
- Blood Pressure RegulationAvocados have high amounts of potassium and magnesium, both nutrients that can help regulate blood pressure. The average avocado has around 10mg of magnesium as well as 150mg of potassium.
And if you need one more reason to eat avocados:
This is self explanatory. It’s heavenly. Get a good (and healthy!) recipe off the internet, add some tortilla chips and enjoy! Click here for a recipe of Chipotle’s famous guacamole.