Hello Douglas County Republicans! Your 2014 ballots should have been received and on that ballot you’ll have some tough choices to make ahead including selecting who you want to be the 2014 Republican gubernatorial candidate, the Douglas County Coroner, Commissioner, Assessor and Sheriff but right now, we’re only going to focus on an introduction to Commander John Anderson of the Castle Rock Police Department, your write-in candidate.
First, what is a write-in candidate?
A write-in candidate is a candidate in an election whose name does not appear on the ballot, but for whom voters may vote nonetheless by writing in the person’s name.
That being said, you will not see John Anderson’s name on the ballot, so it’s critical that if you want to vote for him, you have to write in John Anderson in the appropriate section on your ballot.
Commander John Anderson is a Douglas County native who has seen the county grow from less then 20,000 people to almost 300,000. In addition to law enforcement, John is a private businessman and rancher.
He has been a distinguished police officer for more than 36 years, serving in Command and Administration for 29 years, and as SWAT Commander for the past 13 years.
As the Republican candidate for Sheriff, John is committed to honesty, ethics and fairness and has a strong desire to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Douglas County.
What does John Anderson bring to the 2014 Sheriff’s race?
- New leadership: Putting an end to political favors, pet projects and frivolous spending
- An objective, outside perspective: Focus on you, not the inner circle
- A man supported by the people
- A Conservative with real world experience
- Proactive and partnerships
- A respected leader
- A visionary
- A man that walks the talk
- A man of the people, for the people
Here are a few ways you can connect, and learn more about John:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohnAndersonForSheriff
- Official Web Site: http://www.andersonforsheriff.org
Example Write-in Ballot: